Sunday 22 November 2015

Week seven


This week I had pretty much finished the animatic for Falling in love. Alphabet Patch still needed some changes. We got feedback in the lesson to make sure we were keeping the animatic to the correct length for a children's TV show. Leonie did some research and found out the different lengths for childrens tv shows most common being: 5mins, 7mins or 11mins. currently our animatic was 6mins and 50 seconds. But we still needed to add an introduction sequence and a ending sequence meaning we needed more time then we had left. We all began to brainstorm on what we could cut. I then began to edit bits out and while I was working I noticed some other shots that could be cut short. In the end I managed to cut the animatic to 6mins and 14seconds giving us enough time to fit in a opening lasting 10-20 seconds and a ending lasting around 30seconds.

For Alphabet Patch story group we had come up with ideas for more episodes that will go into the pitch bible. We had a meeting and decided we would be set episodes B-F for this week.

I began writing ideas for episode C first as I had a few ideas already. Each episode has to have the characters going on an adventure linking to a word that begins with the letter they are learning about. In this case C was the letter and I thought of some words beging with C that would fit the show:

Words begining with C

Caterpillar
Change
Cocoon
Colours
Cabbage
Cry
Confused
Cheer up

Moral of the story could be- Learning that change isn't always a bad thing and that it can be a good thing.

I then wrote a flow chart for the episode and what could happen through out it.



Episode D was the next one I did:


Don't
Danger
Ducklings
Duck

Dark night
Day light


Then episode F:
Fun fair
Ferris wheel
Frog
Fun
Fast
Favourite
Fruit

For this week I was also given the task of sorting out the length of each shot in animation frame rate. 24= 1 second. I did this for each shot in Alphabet Patch and for Falling in Love.




The final thing I did for this week was an animation test for Alphabet patch. Leonie is working on the character rigs and we are going to be animating in Celaction. Each character has a lead animator so to keep the style of animation for that character consistant throughout the project. Me and Leonie have the most time set to doing animation so we have taken on the most time consuming characters. Dotty and Paddy are the two characters that seem to talk the most and do the most. I took Dotty the ladybird to be the character I animate. I love animating very animal characters and since Paddy moved closer to a human I thought I would enjoy animating Dotty more. However I didnt think about how difficult she could be to animate having wings, six legs and two different body standing possitions. But I am excited for the challenge. I was so excited I thought I do my own test before the rigs are ready. I had the animation program at home called Flash. I thought I could use this for a quick test. I traced over Leonies Dotty design in flash and then animated it using symbols.

This is the test I did:

To do this test I referenced some real ladybirds which I was watching late one night when I couldnt sleep to get inspired.







No comments:

Post a Comment